8 Spring Cleaning Tasks to Keep Your Home Fresh
Spring is finally almost here, and with the freshness of spring in the air outside, it’s time to freshen things up inside, as well. It’s time to get rid of the musty and dank smells from too many people being cooped up all winter. Spring cleaning might seem like a lot of work, and the lengthier your list gets, the more intimidating it becomes. But there are some tasks you just won’t want to leave off if you want a clean, spruced-up house for the season.
Your Spring Cleaning Check-List
- Mop wooden and tiled floors, and reseal grout lines. Protect the porous material between tiles from staining by creating a barrier of grout. You may also want to wax wooden floors, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, to keep them shiny and protect the wood.
- Wipe down the baseboards and walls. After you’ve dusted, don’t forget to clean the dusty baseboards and dirty walls, and buff off any scuff marks.
- Clean the furniture. Polish wooden furniture, and condition leather furniture. Vacuum out upholstered furniture, using this time to clean off any stains. Call a professional if you need help getting rid of any set-in stains.
- Move the rugs. Shake out rugs, or take them outside to beat out dirt and ground-in dust. Then vacuum underneath where they were, and finally replace the rug and vacuum it, as well.
- Vacuum everything. Use the tools to get into any hard-to-reach areas, like corners and edges. Move the washer and dryer, the fridge, and the oven, as well as any other large appliances, so that you can vacuum underneath them. (You may even find some missing socks in the process.)
- Freshen the beds. Deodorize, flip, and rotate your mattress. Vacuum it first, then clean off any stains with detergent and freshen by sprinkling baking soda on it and then vacuuming again. Wash your pillows, too (not just the pillowcases)–make sure you’re breathing in fresh air while you’re sleeping.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned. Experts recommend having carpet cleaned annually to help extend its lifespan.
- Clean your air. Have your air ducts and vents cleaned, and change your air filters. Bacteria and all kinds of allergens can hide out in your air ducts. Getting them professionally cleaned is a good idea to make sure that this job is done right. Having clean air ducts will actually save on heating and cooling throughout the year, as well as help your family breathe better.
Take Some of the Load Off
While many of the things on this list can be easily done on your own, you can shorten your list a bit by calling Royal Carpet Cleaning to take care of your air duct cleaning and carpet cleaning. They can even help clean your upholstered furniture, rugs, and tile. Get your home feeling and smelling more like spring with the help of the experts at Royal Carpet Cleaning.