Homeowners Should Clean Their Air Ducts
5 Reasons Homeowners Should Clean Their Air Ducts
Are you concerned about the air quality in your home? Are you spending more and more each year to heat the same amount of space?
If you’ve noticed dirt build up around any of your indoor ventilation grills, there’s a good chance that your HVAC system has a high accumulation of dirt, dust, grime, and other air contaminants. Generally, the NADCA advises cleaning your air ducts every 7 to 10 years. Ultimately, every home owner has to tackle the immense, time-consuming job, and wondering if it’s worth the time and money spent.
Do I Really Need To Clean The Air Ducts in My Home?
Yes. How often you choose to clean them is up to you, of course, but the long-term effect of dirty air ducts has a direct impact on your respiratory health and the value of your home. Here are the top five reasons home owner should clean their HVAC system:
1. Allergies or Asthma: A clean ventilation system can significantly improve indoor air quality, barring other external factors. Ventilation systems circulate air through all the rooms, including allergens and dust mites that can trigger allergies or asthma attacks. Removing dust particles means inhaling fewer of them, which will in turn reduce the number and frequency of allergy or asthma attacks.
2. Dust From Home Renovation: Dust allergies can develop as we age. Home renovation projects can send a great deal of dust circulating deep through the central ventilation system, out of reach from vacuum cleaners and brushes. If you’ve recently completed a home renovation project, cleaning the ventilation system professionally will prolong the life of your HVAC system.
3. Damage Or Flooding To Your HVAC System: If your air ducts and ventilation were recently damaged by construction or flooding, mould and vermin are a considerable risk for infestation. Waterlogged areas that attract moisture are a breeding ground for insects such as termites, and vermin such as mice or rats can access the ventilation system through damaged areas.
4. Pets: Along with humans, cat and dog hairs can easily be caught up and circulated in the ventilation system. Over time, a build-up of hair can clog airways, forcing your heater or air conditioning to work harder.
5. Poor Air Quality: Over time, cigarette smoke can leave an undesirable layer of residue on surfaces, and a strong odor. Any air that passes through the ventilation system will absorb the odor left behind, re-circulating it through the entire home anywhere from 5 to seven times each day.
Fly-by-night operations with clever marketing gimmicks may solicit you for your business, promising a thorough job in one hour, discounts with hidden charges added later on, and exaggerated claims about the health benefits of air duct cleaning.
Visit Royal Carpet and Tile Cleaning and give your carpets the royal treatment. Serving Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, contact us online or by telephone at 505-280-5216 today for a free quote. Ask about our air duct and vent cleaning services for your commercial, residential, or real estate property!